Wake up to the moans and groans of the yawning hippopotamus, watch the fish eagles unbeatable fishing talents at noon and fall asleep to the roaring of lions (if you’re really lucky). Philadelphia provides guests with a relaxing holiday in Karibas paradise where the sunsets are sensational , the beers are cold and the fishing is excellent! It is the perfect houseboat for a holiday with friends and family. The sizeable top deck ensures that everyone is comfortable and the single beds offer guests the ideal spot for an afternoon sleep after a jam packed morning of fishing and game viewing. If it’s too hot on top deck, you can cool off in the splash pool or head downstairs to the air conditioned cabins. Enjoy playing cards on the round bar, bird watching from the shaded pool and fishing to your hearts content. Our chef prepares the most delicious fish snacks so you can catch what you eat with some lemon and mayonnaise to taste. If this sounds like your kind of getaway please get in touch by filling in the contact form below or by emailing email@example.com.
- MAX PAX: 12
- CREW: 3 members consisting of a Captain, Chef and Deck Hand.
- CABINS: 4 air conditioned cabins, 3 double cabins, 2 of which have en suite bathrooms and the other cabin is a twin room with 2 single beds. There are 7 single beds available as well as 3 spare mattresses for those wishing to sleep out on deck.
- TOILETS: 4
- SHOWERS: 4
- KITCHEN: 4 plate gas stove, microwave, 2x 210l deep freezers, 1 large fridge and a bar fridge
- POWER SUPPLY: new Solar System has been installed for all appliances. 220V and 12V, 9 kva Ultra Silent Generator is used for the aircon.
- TENDER BOAT 1 x Pontoon Raft Tender with a 40HP Mercury 2 Stroke Motor and 1 x Speed Boat with a 200HP Mariner 2 Stroke Motor. *Please be advised that the tender boats are for the use of fishing and game drives in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. If you would like a a speed boat for long distance fishing you may either bring your own or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland (please contact use for the details) which will be towed behind the houseboat leaving one of the tender boats behind.
The luxurious top deck includes a large splash pool, a gas braai and a bar with an ice maker on board. Philadelphia is a child friendly houseboat and the stairs leading up to the top deck are non-slip and hand rails are provided.
Information and Costs
(For more information please fill in the contact form or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Philadelphia is $450 per night for the houseboat. Please keep in mind, this is excluding fuel which is dependant on how far you travel during your trip.
- Moored: Breezers
- Boarding: 12PM;
- Disembark: 10AM;
- Vehicle Parking costs: $2 per night per vehicle;
- Parks Fees: Locals $5 per day, SADC $8, Internationals $10;
- Fishing Fees: Locals $2 per day, SADC $3, Internationals $4.
- All meals and drinks;
- Fishing requirements i.e rods, bait and tackle packs;
- Cleaning materials, dishwashing soap and toilet paper;
- Bathroom Soap and personal toiletries;
- First aid kit.
The trip was fantastic, we had a lovely time and will definitely come back again. The crew was very organised and easy to work with.We will just try to make the trip a bit longer next time. — Raviro
We and our friends had a very relaxing time on the Philadelphia which was an excellent choice of boat. We were very comfortable on it and the food and service were excellent. We would definitely book it for any future trips we may embark on. Thank you. All the best and thanks for everything. — Audrey & Daniel
Make a Booking!