About Royal Game
The Royal Game Houseboat is a luxurious 46ft Mono-hulled Dolphin. Moored at Marineland in Kariba, Royal Game offers guests the ultimate Kariba experience. Wake up with the sun, travel to a new island everyday and fall asleep under the stars.The boat has two excellent crew members; Captain Keference (Chuma) who has been on the vessel for 20 years and a Chef/deckhand, Past, who has been on the boat for 13 years. The early bird catches the fish in Kariba and Captain Chuma is an avid, very experienced fisherman who is sure to find you the best spots for big bream, magnificent vundu and the elusive tiger fish! Our chef Past will take care of all of your cravings, preparing breakfast, lunches, dinners and snacks all to your liking. Game viewing excursions are the best way to end the day watching Zimbabwe’s wildlife quench their thirst (as your satisfy yours) under the golden evening sun. A relaxing, beautiful carefree holiday in nature.
- MAX PAX: 8 (6 for comfort);
- CREW: 2 consisting of a Captain & Chef/Deck Hand;
- CABINS: 2 air conditioned cabins as well as a make shift cabin;
- TOILETS: 2
- SHOWERS: 2
- KITCHEN: a deep freezer, microwave, stove, appliances etc;
- ENTERTAINMENT: CD player and a AUX cable plug in;
- POWER SUPPLY: 220V from an 8Kva Generator which powers all the electrical appliances;
- MOSQUITO NETS: yes;
- BRAAI: Charcoal and gas braai on board;
- TENDER BOATS: 1 x 8 seater tender boat for fishing and game viewing *Please be advised that the tender boats are for the use of fishing and game drives in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. If you would like a a speed boat for long distance fishing you may either bring your own or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland (please contact use for the details) which will be towed behind the houseboat leaving one of the tender boats behind. We do require that you bring your own fuel and rope for towing.
Information and Costs
(For more information please fill in the contact form or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Royal Game is $295 per night for the houseboat. Please keep in mind, this is excluding fuel which is dependant on how far you travel during your trip.
- Moored: Marineland Harbour
- Boarding: 10AM – 12PM
- Disembark: 11AM
- Vehicle Parking costs: Guarded parking provided at $5 per vehicle and $3 per trailer per night.
- Parks Fees: Locals $5 per day, SADC $8, Internationals $10
- Fishing Fees: Locals $2 per day, SADC $3, Internationals $4
- All meals and drinks;
- Fishing requirements i.e rods, bait and tackle packs;
- Cleaning materials, dishwashing soap and toilet paper;
- Bathroom Soap and personal toiletries;
- First aid kit.
Royal Game Reviews
The best houseboat experience in Kariba!
— Chanyn-Lee Zeelie
We had a wonderful trip we all enjoyed thanks to the Captain and Chef very respectful , well mannered crew and a wonderful boat will sure recommend it to other mates. Fishing was great too especially in Sanyati West.— Tonderai Mtekesa